Deportation or Removal
If you or a loved one is being threatened with deportation or removal from the United States, you may need the help of an experienced immigration attorney. We here at the Law Offices of Eliana Phelps have the tools, know-how and experience with the system to provide your best defense.
According to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services guidelines, there are five general reasons why a person can be deported from the United States.
- A person enters the U.S. without the appropriate authority.
- An individual disobeys the terms of admission to the country.
- An individual either gets involved with a prohibited organization or gets convicted of any one of a number of crimes.
- A person becomes what is known as a “public charge” after coming into the United States.
- An individual’s application for asylum gets rejected.
The good news for deportation defendants is that there are tools and tactics experienced deportation defense lawyers can use to open doors and provide remedies in various cases.